New 90g reef ready tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys, £35 for a coral like that is quite cheap round where I live so had to grab it lol.

New additions :)

Attachments

• image-3463807137.jpg
    image-3463807137.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3569933034.jpg
    image-3569933034.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2716638509.jpg
    image-2716638509.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 102
More pics of the new additions :)

Attachments

• image-1617023572.jpg
    image-1617023572.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3964962877.jpg
    image-3964962877.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2838093225.jpg
    image-2838093225.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2895854593.jpg
    image-2895854593.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 113
Great green hammer coral! I want one too! And I have a yellow coris wrasse in my tank also. He's a funny fish. Buried himself in the sand immediately after we releasd him into tank, didnt see him for over a day, then suddenly popped out the sand head first and has been swimming around happily ever since. He's a pretty fish. He gets along great with the other fish, and he doesn't seem to bother my zoa, mushroom or finger coral, so I'm happy.

Beengirl said:
Great green hammer coral! I want one too! And I have a yellow coris wrasse in my tank also. He's a funny fish. Buried himself in the sand immediately after we releasd him into tank, didnt see him for over a day, then suddenly popped out the sand head first and has been swimming around happily ever since. He's a pretty fish. He gets along great with the other fish, and he doesn't seem to bother my zoa, mushroom or finger coral, so I'm happy.

Thank you (y) as soon as I seen it I had to have it lol, probably a little on the expensive side but I think it was worth it lol.
The wrasse is very cool, he was swimming round as soon as I put him in the dt then come
Night time, nowhere to be seen so I figured he was buried lol woke up this morning and he's out again lol. Nice to know he hasn't touched your corals :) I hope mine will have the same attitude lol. :)

Hey all after some info :) I just bought a yellow wrasse but it was an impulse buy ( i know I know, bad idea but couldn't resist), I've since been reading up on these and realised they like to lie under the Sand at night, problem is my sand bed is only about an inch and half deep and think he's having a hard time burying himself fully, he manages it in the end but takes a few attempts, now I have some sand in my sump so was wondering if I took a few cup fills of sand from the sump and placed it at the back of my tank where the wrasse likes to sleep would I see any spikes or anything?

There's a good chance of a mini cycle, rinse the sand in old tank water from a PWC this way you dont kill off any of the good stuff living in the sand

Grizz said:
There's a good chance of a mini cycle, rinse the sand in old tank water from a PWC this way you dont kill off any of the good stuff living in the sand

Ok thank you. Am I right in thinking I might have a mini cycle if I use new sand aswell? If there's a chance of it happening either way I'd rather buy some More and keep the sand in the sump alone?

Thought I'd give an update for the tank, everything is going ok, kinda, have a few issues but working on them. My camera doesn't take very good pics so here's a video, and a pic of my starfish on the odd occasion that he surfaces.

Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• image-1077092526.jpg
    image-1077092526.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 105
Hey all, does anyone know why my hammer is like this?

Attachments

• image-2283197671.jpg
    image-2283197671.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 92
Supra said:
The sweeper tentacles?

Is that what they are? It's not always like it and my other hammer never does it so thought something might be up with it. Glad it's ok. Thanks.

Another quick question if anyone could answer please, I have this brown star polyp coral and it's starting to take to the rock really well now, I wanted to get some green star polyps aswell, would they be ok next to each other or would one smother the other? Ive been told they should be ok but always like a 2nd opinion. :) thanks

Attachments

• image-1554618632.jpg
    image-1554618632.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 97
mrwizard said:
Another quick question if anyone could answer please, I have this brown star polyp coral and it's starting to take to the rock really well now, I wanted to get some green star polyps aswell, would they be ok next to each other or would one smother the other? Ive been told they should be ok but always like a 2nd opinion. :) thanks

Same species should be fine

Back
Top Bottom