New 90g reef ready tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can also DIY LEDs into a canopy. it's pretty easy(especially if you get the plug & play kits from rapid LED) & it'll cost about 500USD for the lights, drivers, & controllers you'd need. i don't know i there is a UK company like them, but im sure there is.

NyteGTI said:
you can also DIY LEDs into a canopy. it's pretty easy(especially if you get the plug & play kits from rapid LED) & it'll cost about 500USD for the lights, drivers, & controllers you'd need. i don't know i there is a UK company like them, but im sure there is.

Never thought about doing that, since u said a lot of ideas have been going thru my head lol, I work for a gambling machine making company and we use a lot of LED's on our machines so my electrician/technician at work knows quite a bit about them, was thinking maybe even get the software guys to program me a board system so I can create certain effects, gonna look more into this as I shouldn't need lights for a few weeks.

FYI the baffles for the bubble trap before the fuge are not needed . Just a bubble trap before the return will work just fine. You can do it that way but I figured I would just let you know you can do away with that and make your fuge bigger.

Hondatek said:
FYI the baffles for the bubble trap before the fuge are not needed . Just a bubble trap before the return will work just fine. You can do it that way but I figured I would just let you know you can do away with that and make your fuge bigger.

I'm looking for all advice so thanks for letting me know, I looked at the sump today but I didn't take any notice of how the baffles are, tank is here in the morning so will know everything then.
Can't wait to get started on this!

After looking under my kitchen sink I've found a connector already installed to my copper piping, perfect for my rodi unit, saves me the trip of going to my gf parents house everytime I need to fill up my water barrel.
Everything is coming together nicely so far, i get the tank tomorrow morning but won't be able to set it up as I've still got my freshwater tank set-up and it's not getting picked up til Saturday, so was thinking as I've got everything, I'm gonna start getting some ro water done 2mar, save me
Time on Saturday :)

Your probably OK for a Fowler tank if your going to a reef your pump should turn your volume over 10 times per hour so if its a 90 gallon you want minimum 900gph pump

Reef79 said:
Your probably OK for a Fowler tank if your going to a reef your pump should turn your volume over 10 times per hour so if its a 90 gallon you want minimum 900gph pump

So the ones with the wave maker don't cut it, I think there about 560gph. I'll probably pick some up on Saturday, do u think two will be enough? I'm glad you've chimed in otherwise I would of got the other ones lol. Thank you.

Another point not trying to beat a dead horse I was able to purchase a led lights for my 180gal for $157 per panel and I only needed three they are on eBay there's a link on a forum Doug's 220 in the wall build its on page 79 of the thread is where I found the link I was told about them on here and I figured I'd let you know. Awesome light output on my 2' deep tank

Reef79 said:
Ya two should be fine what size return pump is in your sump

I could tell u this tomorrow morning, the guy at the shop has it in his so I hope it's sufficient plus it comes free with the tank lol.

Reef79 said:
Another point not trying to beat a dead horse I was able to purchase a led lights for my 180gal for $157 per panel and I only needed three they are on eBay there's a link on a forum Doug's 220 in the wall build its on page 79 of the thread is where I found the link I was told about them on here and I figured I'd let you know. Awesome light output on my 2' deep tank

I will definitely check them out, I'm in the uk so won't be able to buy those actual ones unfortunately unless I find some over here, seems like u get all the good stuff over there lol. Thanks for letting me Know.

So, Now the fun begins!! Just received my tank :)
More details, the sump is 20 gallon, and the return pump is rated at 4500l/h will that be good enough??

Add your total liters and multiply by ten it sounds big enough if not you can add a powerhead for a little more flow but I would try to.match your pump as close possible

Reef79 said:
Add your total liters and multiply by ten it sounds big enough if not you can add a powerhead for a little more flow but I would try to.match your pump as close possible

I take it I account for the sump 2? If so it comes to 4900 litres so I'm a little short, will this cause problems?

Is it me or are installing rodi units confusing? Give me a gambling machine I'll build it in a day, give me a rodi unit to install I'm still looking at it in the box 24hrs later lol. I don't think it helps
That all the filters were in the wrong place so that muddled my brain for about a hour lol.

Another question, How did all you guys mix your first batch of saltwater up? Do you do it in the tank?

Today's update, just got back from the Lfs, AGAIN. Got myself 2 Powerheads, one with a flow rate of 5500 l/h and the other has a flow rate of 4500l/h. Gonna start cleaning the tank today ready for setup tomorrow.

Tank is up, gonna start on the plumbing tomorrow, sorted my rodi unit too, turns out I had pieces missing, no wonder I couldn't install it lol. Anyway here's a pic of the tank. :)

I need help with my plumbing if anyone could help? I've got ro water being made as we speak and can't put it in my tank til the plumbing is done lol. Heres some pics of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for the 'advice' from all at aquarium 'ADVICE' lol what a joke that name is!
I would say a thank you to a certain person but think he's seen how bad this place is getting
And pissed off 2! Good luck with aquarium 'NO' advice! Peace!

Back
Top Bottom