New 90g reef ready tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is very hard to tell how to hook it up just by pictures. Are all the pipes the same diameter? The only thing i can tell you for sure two pipes go from the tank to intake section of your sump and one from the return pump on the opposite end the sump . I would guess the first two holes in your tank or to sump and the one in the end is the return. Once again it's very hard to tell you exact directions without being there.

Hondatek said:
It is very hard to tell how to hook it up just by pictures. Are all the pipes the same diameter? The only thing i can tell you for sure two pipes go from the tank to intake section of your sump and one from the return pump on the opposite end the sump . I would guess the first two holes in your tank or to sump and the one in the end is the return. Once again it's very hard to tell you exact directions without being there.

Hiya hondatek, thank you for the reply.
Yeah all pipe work is same diameter, I think I've figured it out but not 100% sure, I've made a video of how I've set it up, maybe u can take a look? Here's the link

Thanks for the reply again :)

I would have guessed the return pipe is the hole on the opposite side but it looks right from the video.on second look it does look right .

Hondatek said:
I would have guessed the return pipe is the hole on the opposite side but it looks right from the video.on second look it does look right .

Brilliant, I'm gonna go to my Lfs now to look at their tank to double check just to be on the safe side lol, plus I need a piece of hosepipe for my return. Thanks again.

Hello again, just a few questions if anyone could help me out if possible, really appreciate it.
So here goes,
1st question is
I have 3 baffles in my sump the first baffle is raised but the 2nd two where my refugium was gonna be are the same height, will this be a problem? Wouldn't the water be at the same level from the second baffle to the return section?

2nd question is,
My skimmer doesn't fit inside my sump so I was gonna hang it on the side the problem is my pipes will have to be changed as my sump is as close as u can get it to the left side of the stand,
I was gonna install some corner pieces into the pipe work to move the sump over as far as possible to the right side to make room for my skimmer, Is it ok to do this? Sorry if that's a silly question lol.

And last question is will 120w twin halides be good enough to light a 2ft deep tank? Will I have problems with certain corals?

I'll post some drawings in order of the questions might make things clearer to understand.
Thank you for any help :)

Maybe cut the overflow pipes a little and use some 45 degree elbows . If you did that would you able to slide the sump over and fit the skimmer?

Hondatek said:
Maybe cut the overflow pipes a little and use some 45 degree elbows . If you did that would you able to slide the sump over and fit the skimmer?

Thats good then, I think that was what I was trying to say, my excuse is it was late lol, that saves me moving baffles anyway so that's good.
Do you think I will have problems with the refugium and return Section being the same level? Or will I have to put in a raised baffle after the last refugium baffle? Thank you for the reply.

I would just get a strip of glass and silicone it on top of the first refuge baffle. That would make it higher than the return baffle and it should flow fine.

Hondatek said:
I would just get a strip of glass and silicone it on top of the first refuge baffle. That would make it higher than the return baffle and it should flow fine.

I could use a strip of Perspex instead of glass couldn't I? I can get that today from work if I can.
Get my egg crate on Saturday so hopefully if all goes to plan I can start filling the tank up.
Think it's all finally coming together. Thanks again.

Hondatek said:
Not sure what that is. Is it like plexiglas or acrylic ? It should be fine.

Yeah it's kind of like that, it's basically thick hard plastic.

Hondatek said:
Not sure if it will stick to the glass baffle. But if you can make it stick it will work.

I'll give it a go lol, if not I'm gonna take the sump to my Lfs and have them move the baffles for me.

Thought I'd give a little update, tank is in the process of being filled after getting my egg crate and sand in there yesterday, man these rodi units take forever lol, only filling just over half way for now as I haven't hooked up my plumbing yet, waiting on some pipework (should be here by saturday) so I can slide my sump over to the right to fit my skimmer on the side. Was getting frustrated with not actually doing anything with the tank but it's all starting to come together now.

Really unsure of my twin halides still, i want a light unit I can sit on top of tank and not have to hang it, the tank is 3ft deep so if you have any ideas they will be greatly appreciated. :)

Decided on the lights, I've ordered two ai sols with controller, should be here by next Monday, gonna pick up the wave controller for my tunze Powerheads on Saturday along with some base rock so I can start aquascaping. Coming along nicely now.

Little update... Got my Powerhead controller and some base rock today, I know how I want my aquascape to look its just achieving it now, been playing around with a few ideas today but still need quite a bit of rock. Here's a pic

Steo the great said:
Looking well my English friend.

Hahaha still waiting on my pipework tho, longing me out, gotta pay to replace all the pipework I think! Rip off! Either that or move the baffles in my sump but don't wanna risk doing that myself haha.

Can anyone see a problem with my plumbing? I don't wanna glue it all together to find out its wrong lol.

Back
Top Bottom