New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nitrites present now?

Maybe with the fish and not enuf bacteria established, the tank has been going thru some kinda cycle I'm guessing. Taking water to start another tank won't provide ammonia consuming bacteria I believe.

Didja ever see ammonia spikes or nitrite spikes at any time when first set up?

I'd feel better seeing you remove the critters and cyle the tank with a piece of grocery store shrimp (aka skrimp) after adding more rock. Just cause rock at a store doesn't have a foul smell (since it is technically cured) doesn't mean it has the required bacteria living on it. It may have at some time, but considering you may have used that and just water from another tank, my guess is you need to cycle the tank. Add more rock first though.

tossing in my 2cents..
I'm just as new to this, if not newer, as you are.
I picked up "The New Marine Aquarium" book by Michael S. Paletta. This was a great book for me. I learned a ton. Course it also opened up a bunch more questions for me, and that let me to this web page. I still have questions but I deff have a better understanding on SW then i did just a few weeks ago.

If you can, pick up the book I mentioned. It wont tell you everything but it may answer, help you out, and give you an idea as to what goodies you may want to consider.

Thanks for the advice. My tank is stable for now. I just added about 3 more pounds of LR. I'll keep everybody updated as things progress.

Sweet, you know the cost of our advice is lots of pics!!!!

Back
Top Bottom