New Addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 90 gal, 135lb LR, and the folloing fish:

1 Filamented flasher wrasse
1 perc clown
1 yellow tang
1 royal gramma
1 coral beauty angel
1 flame angel

I was thinking of adding a Hippo Tang...And possibly a greem mandarin or blenny since my scooter blenny died.

Any thoughts?

great choices is all i can say... hippo tang?? definately.. you have a lot of hiding space for it with those rocks... and i say scooter blenny, i've heard that a lot of mandarin die due to malnutrition and hunger...

How do you like your Filamented Flasher wrasse? We were thinking of getting one of those. Got any pics?? :D

PrettyFishies said:
I was thinking of adding a Hippo Tang...And possibly a greem mandarin or blenny since my scooter blenny died.

Although you do seem to have the space for another fish I would urge caution on the hippo. The two tangs would most probabley get along initially, but after a time they will become very beligerant to each other as they mature and grow. Something like that would be better in a 125/6ft tank.

I would also be concerned about the mandarin. If the scooter did not fair well (being unaware how it passed) then neither might the green dragonette. They are from the same family and eat the same foods. More often than not these little scooters get overlooked and are not given the same consideration. They can be much easier to "acclimate" to aquarium foods, but it's loss does not bode well for another.

With the fish you have, there are many other choices that could be considered and much easier to care for.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom