New Additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought a clarky clownfish and an electric blue hermit to put into my tank.

My My readings are as follows

Amonia-0
Ph-8.3
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- 20-30

Im not to worried about the clown but i never kept crabs before is there anything in particular i should know about them. or is it just like fish?

very hardy little guys, I have about 1 per gal in my Fish only tanks. They work almost non-stop keeping the tank clean.,

I got two of those clowns a week ago, they are very neat. Mine were tank raised and thus supposedly won't take to an anemone. Kind of a bummer.

Enjoy

What about caring for the crab? Are my nitrates to high for them im doing water changes to bring them down.

Keep doing the PWC`s to bring them down. They will be OK as long as it does not get any higher

Doing PWCs will help reduce your nitrates. Depending on your filtration you want to make sure that you rinse your filter sponges at least once a week. Anywhere in your system that detritus accumulates will generate nitrates.

very hardy little guys, I have about 1 per gal in my Fish only tanks. They work almost non-stop keeping the tank clean.,

I got two of those clowns a week ago, they are very neat. Mine were tank raised and thus supposedly won't take to an anemone. Kind of a bummer.

Enjoy

Tank raised does not mean they wont host an anemone, it just means they might not. I have tank raised O. Clowns that are now hosting in an RBTA in my system, it took almost a year for them to "move in" but they did it.

Back
Top Bottom