New and in need!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well cool thanks! i've seen corallimorphs once before and they were some of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. And i figured i would help it grow. But i guess that means there wasn't enough calcium in the water XD since i left the LR in there for about 1 month before actually put a fish in.

well like i said... it was under protest. But when we saw it in the store it was a dull color and after a few hour's and just a little bit of phyto plankton its color brightend up and it was just happy looking. it goes under the LR around its bed time and pops back out in the morning. I was informed only to feed it twice to three times a week. But the dottyback is swimming happily in the currents and has an unsatiable appitite. He goes wild when food is dropped in the aquarium. And btw i did get some better lighting sorry not posting it. I recieved a t5 strip and converted mine to t5 with the parts from it. So its not the lighting. I did put Kent marines Purple Tech in the aquarium for about a week up until i got the anemonie. Could that have been the Perc's COD or the anemonie's "Hidding" skills. Plus i placed the anemonie as high up and as in as much water flow as i possibly could but it scooted to the bottom and under the rocks within minutes? :confused:
Anemone's don't eat phyto plankton and I think purple up or like problems are a waste of money. You don't have anything in your tank to use higher calcium or alk. that a good PWC wouldn't correct. Never add anything to your tank that you don't have a kit to test for.

Well i woke up this morning to find green spider web algea i guess. Here and there on the live rock is some green patches. But for most part everything is on the substrate. :(

Oh no. i just have some problems with the algea. my pH is 8.3-8.4 ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all 0ppm. I did a water change yesterday and hooked my protien skimmer up with a more powerfull PH and but i guess i'll have to wait and see if anything changes with the algea. if not then its up to a cleanup crew.

How old is your setup and what do you have in it now?

Well it is about 6 months old. and fish have been in it almost 1 month. I have 1 anemone, and 1 Domino Damsel. Now since the bigger PH on the protien skimmer and after changing the flow of my PH's the algea doesn't seem to be spreading. but its still there, a giant blob in the center of the aquarium, and green spots over some the LR. I'll be able to get some pictures tomorrow or the day after.

I'm still concerned with the broken heater spewing clouds of gray matter into the water. If there was actually mercury in there it could poison your tank. I doubt that VisiTherm has mercury in there, but you may want to check wiht them to find out what actually did come out.

Back
Top Bottom