New and looking for advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefer420

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the forum/hobby but seems like a good place to get suggestions on what else I need for my 55 gallon FOWLR. Right now I'm running a BH100 octopus reef HOB skimmer, and a HOB filter, with about 35lbs LR and 30lbs live sand, (more LR will be added soon) small Humu Humu trigger, and 2 cardinals. Any other filtration systems you would recommend ? And is it really worth it to construct a sump? If so how many gallons would be appropriate

Attachments

• image-527278670.jpg
    image-527278670.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 113
  • image-651840388.jpg
    image-651840388.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 105
Do you have any powerheads? If not I would add one or two. It's just a fowler yeah? Definitely add more rock, the more rock the better the filtration and your going to need it with that trigger...

You def need more rock! At least 1-2 lbs per gallon. 55 gallon tank = 55 - 110 lbs of LR.

Yes I have a PH. And like I mentioned I'm getting more LR when my paycheck provides ha. Any suggestions on tank mates for my trigger?

Not really, have you done some research on these guys? Hopefully you have plans to re home him when he gets bigger. They are an aggressive fish and any tank mates would also require a bigger tank. 180g minimum.

Yeah I plan on doing a 200g in about 6 months so he will be re homed eventually.

Cool, I would wait for that upgrade before finding a friend for him. Being so aggressive they don't get along with most other species but a large angel or tang would do ok with caution ;) he will probably eat the cardinals when they fit in his mouth. Very awesome fish tho, on my list of must haves when I can get a bigger tank...

Back
Top Bottom