New and need help with starting SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramseagle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a 28 g tank I got from pet store made for fresh water so I want to start a salt water tank so want to know everything I need to buy and what kind of fish to do. I am going to do fish but no coral. Thanks for any help you can give because it will be pu to good use.

You have come to the right place for advice leading you to a happy and successful tank. Start by reading the thread that Mike linked for you.

Take a look at our gallery and think about what you would like your tank to look like.

Research, Research, RESEARCH. Ask lots of questions on this site, BUT, ask them in the correct forum for the question (General Hardware/Equipment, Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started, etc.)

Read the articles in Articles section, and read all of these:

How to cycle your tank with out the use of fish

Quarantine article

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro

Refugiums

Reef Aquarium Water Parameters

Come up with a list of hardware you intend to buy and post it for comments. Folks who have used it will probably chime in with their experience which is invaluable information.

Oh, and

welcometoaa.gif

From one newbie to another, "Don't be in a rush; nothing good can come from that". There's a lot of good info on this site.

read reaad and rad some more as others have said everyone here will help you and NEVER flame ya
Scott

Back
Top Bottom