Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question New Anemone

I have a new Condylactis Anemone. When I saw it at the store it was stationary and was not moving alot. But ever since I put it in my tank it has been moving like crazy. Is this normal? Is the anemone just getting comfortable? I did feed it this morning and it did take the food.
two more things. The anemone is not laying on it's back side (sit up). Will it do that on it's own when he's ready or do I need to move him like that. Also I have 2 tomato clown fish and they wont go near it. How long does it take before they get comfortable with it, (normally)?
Thank you

Degonese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
My first Anemone moved around until it found a hole in the largest rock in my tank. Of course it was on the backside, I had to rearrange the whole tank. It may be a lighting issue. Anemones need a mature stable tank with strong lighting. The clowns may never host it, you'll have to wait and see.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
ezy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Clowns probably will not host in the Condylactis Anemone. It happens on rare occasions but for the most part it wont. This is not a good choice for anemone as you are learning they tend to walk about the tank constantly. Keep an eye on things as you may find the anemone stuck in a power head or the intake to a HOB filter (if you have one) watch out for it getting near you overflows as well.

As ezy33 said, anemones should be added to mature tanks (8+ months old) with strong lighting.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com