new anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eva1313

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a new long tentacle anemone and my clown fish wont get anywhere near it. I am wondering if i should move it but am afraid ill hurt it.

Don't worry. We have two clowns that did not go near the anemone for several months and then, bang, one started and with in a couple weeks they are in it all the time. Some clowns just never do host either. Just their personality.

Hi, what sizes are your tanks? And do you guys think one anemone can host more than 1 clown fish?

I have a 75 gallon tank. And yes i know they can. I saw one at the pet store that was the same size as mine with two fish in it. I have pictures.

I have a 75 gallon tank. And yes i know they can. I saw one at the pet store that was the same size as mine with two fish in it. I have pictures.

Nice, would you say the smallest size of a tank should be @ least 30 gal?

We have a 90 gallon and both our clowns host the anemone. The size of tank you choose will depend on the type of clown you get. Do some research on line so you are already informed when you go to get it.

Im not sure this is only my 2nd tank. My last tank was 55 gallons. I only had one maroon clown fish and some damsels. The maroon clown was so aggressive i couldnt put any new fish in the tank. I bought a book this time and refrain from buying aggressive fish. He would kill them if they went anywhere near his section of the tank. Damsels are also aggressive if you get three or more. They act like a pack of wolves and will tear the fins off your fish even if they are larger. And i feed my fish once a day so its not because they are hungary. Just instinct.

Back
Top Bottom