New Aquarium Start Up Help Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babrown36

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just starting a saltwater fish tank. I have a couple of questions. What's the difference between coral reef salt and aquatic salt. And about how much salt will I need for a 37 gallon tank?

Reef salt contains all sorts of trace elements necessary to ocean life whereas aquatic (I'm assuming like fw treatment salt) doesn't. It depends on the brand you get but imo id go for the 150 gallon bucket of instant ocean salt. It's like $45-50 which is cheaper than buying just the amount you need since it will last you a longer amount of time.

Thank you for the info. Does he have any idea where we can get live coral, live rock and anemone at a reasonable price?

I'd check your lfs in your areas first for prices and then compare them to sites like bulkreefsupply, liveaquaria and such. You know you can't add corals and anemones to a brand new tank? You also need intense lights for these animals and a fully cycled tank.

Back
Top Bottom