New Biocube 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boontonbill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to fish aquariums. Just set up my Biocube 14 for fish only. Artificial coral and rock. How may fish and what type should I consider ? Do I need a Cleanup Crew ?

A small cleanup crew is usually a good idea, although you won't need much. With only a 14g tank you'll need to stick with 1 or 2 fish that can be sustained in a nano. Let us know what you're thinking and we'll see if it's a good match.

My Biocube

Thanks for the advice !
I was thinking about 2 clowns and 1 Mandarin Goby ?
Not too much in the Biocube 14 ?

The bioload might be ok. You would have to be good about doing regular water changes in order to keep your levels down.

If you want to keep a mandarin though you would have to train it onto prepaired foods. That can be a bit tricky. Make sure you read up on that and prepair before you go out and pick up the fish.

I have a biocube 29 and have two clowns and a dottyback. IMO it is over stocked. If I was u, I would go with smaller fish. Like neon gobies or shark nose gobies. Citron gobies. While these fish can be ify (sometime dont last long). You might be able to have three fish without cyano and other algae problems. I have added a 20 gallon fuge to finally clear my tank. Just my opinion. Also I would skip the protein skimmer if you have thought about it yet. If you keep up with water changes you will be fine.

I think the clowns could be okay (I know people that do that) but it's pushing it. The mandarin I don't think you could keep alive in that small of a tank.

There are ORA mandarins that are trained to eat prepared food. But have no experience with them. Just read about them. ORA fish tend to cost more than others. Also check out their platinum and picasso clowns. Very expensive but you would be talk of the town if you had one.

Im planning on buying a 29g nano cube of some sort so could you guys review the bio cube? The 29 or 14? Also, do they need a chiller I've heard the LEDs can overheat the tank. Thanks and could I add lawnmower blennys, I love those guys!

Back
Top Bottom