New -cloudy water in marine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did my salt tank for a couple years with a canister and a hob skimmer. I eventually went to the sump and it made everything 10 times better including cleaning. IMO it's a must have

I work for a factory making swimming pool walls .
I have a 3/4 hp pump I was planning on building a sump / skimmer and circulation all in one .
From the pump have a 1.5" main line trimming into a manifold where 3/4 " lines comfortable from it .
There are 8 ports on each manifold.

I work for a factory making swimming pool walls .
I have a 3/4 hp pump I was planning on building a sump / skimmer and circulation all in one .
From the pump have a 1.5" main line trimming into a manifold where 3/4 " lines comfortable from it .
There are 8 ports on each manifold.

Sorry I edited my last post check it

You'll have to be careful on the pump because I'm not sure if it will be safe

Sorry I edited my last post check it

You'll have to be careful on the pump because I'm not sure if it will be safe

Hi Andy.
Have you ever used colony marine professional nitrifying bacteria ?
I chose to do a fish in cycle but instead of using damsels black mollies are cheaper and can be converted to salt .
For the 70gal I put 4 fish .
How long does it normally take for the ammonia to spike ?
Or will it not spike cause of the bacteria I used ?

Hi Andy.
Have you ever used colony marine professional nitrifying bacteria ?
I chose to do a fish in cycle but instead of using damsels black mollies are cheaper and can be converted to salt .
For the 70gal I put 4 fish .
How long does it normally take for the ammonia to spike ?
Or will it not spike cause of the bacteria I used ?

I've never used the bacteria stuff. There are some good products that I've heard of and some not so great. It may cycle fast adding the bacteria or it may.take a long while. The ammonia should apear almost every time you add fish. I like to wait a week between adding anything in between each group of fish. Just take it slow and easy and watch the water quality

I've never used the bacteria stuff. There are some good products that I've heard of and some not so great. It may cycle fast adding the bacteria or it may.take a long while. The ammonia should apear almost every time you add fish. I like to wait a week between adding anything in between each group of fish. Just take it slow and easy and watch the water quality

I added 4 black mollies to help with ammonia . They lasted 2 days and died do I went back to the original plan and added 2 fresh raw shrimp .

I added 4 black mollies to help with ammonia . They lasted 2 days and died do I went back to the original plan and added 2 fresh raw shrimp .

The live rock I added had some sponge on it .
Probably a dozen spots .
Some bristle works that I noticed after dipping and placing rocks .
And the one piece had some kind of coral on it .
After it dies off will it grow back ?
And the works will the cycle kill them ?

That sounds like a better idea
The sponges have went hairy .
And the other coral is deteriorating and blowing around in the current .
Will they come back ?
Should I do anything else or let it die off ?

The sponges have went hairy .
And the other coral is deteriorating and blowing around in the current .
Will they come back ?
Should I do anything else or let it die off ?

You added coral already?
What's all in the tank now?

Don't add anything till the cycle is complete. They are probably going to die

You added coral already?
What's all in the tank now?

Don't add anything till the cycle is complete. They are probably going to die

The coral was on the live rock I added .
But I am very curious if they will come back after they die off .

The coral was on the live rock I added .
But I am very curious if they will come back after they die off .

They won't come back
During a cycle the only rock that should be.added is UN cured rock or base rock. After a cycle completes is when you want to add cured rock especially if you can get your hands on some that have good growth on them.

Sorry I thought I said that already. Maybe it was someone else's thread.

They won't come back
During a cycle the only rock that should be.added is UN cured rock or base rock. After a cycle completes is when you want to add cured rock especially if you can get your hands on some that have good growth on them.

Sorry I thought I said that already. Maybe it was someone else's thread.

It's ok .
It is live rock , with little growth , I'm not sure if I add a picture if you will see it .

This is the rock with these on it .
Is it just a sponge ?

More than likely it's going to die also the purple algae. The algae will grow back but the sponge probably won't. I'd wait and see it's to late now and there is nothing n the tank for it to hurt if it dies.

That's some nice rock you found. Do you have a whole tank shot?

More than likely it's going to die also the purple algae. The algae will grow back but the sponge probably won't. I'd wait and see it's to late now and there is nothing n the tank for it to hurt if it dies.

I changed the profile picture to the whole tank .

I have been going reading on hitchhikers cause there was a bunch of bristle worms and a few hermit crabs in the rocks .
They will also die ?

Back
Top Bottom