New clown feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawks12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New black and white clown, for now the only resident in the tank with the inverts. This clown will eat anything! Loves mysis, pellets, and when I add garlic to the food it goes nuts. My question is how much to feed and how often? I know the consume in five minutes rule, but I was wondering about quantity. I am convinced that it would eat and entire bottle of pellets if allowed and do it within five minutes. So far I have been feeding either one inch or so of mysis or about 10-15 very small size new life spectrum pellets. Is this once a day enough? The fish is fairly small, about 3 inches. It is extremely active and loves playing near the powerhead outputs.

Attachments

• image-82380380.jpg
    image-82380380.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 139
I feed my tank a pinch of the flakes 2x a day. I have 2 ocellaris clowns, a goby, and 2 blue yellow tip damsels.

I'm no expert here, but this is what I do and 2 weeks now my fish are super healthy growing and happy

If the clowns are the only fish in the tank you should be feeding them about two-three times a day. Take one or two flakes in your hand and crush it into small pieces. Do this twice a day. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND new era marine flakes.

Back
Top Bottom