New clownfish tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I wanted to start a new saltwater tank but truth is... I know nothing about it. I'm not going to start trying untill I have all the facts ^.^

First all I want is a small number of clown fish. I don't know how many is a good number but just not too many. What sized tank would I need? How much would it cost for all of the items... Skimmer etc. Just everything I need to know ^.^

Best off to start reading the SW articles here on AA. Very helpful. Unless you go for a huge tank 200g+ you're only going to be able to keep 2 clowns in a tank. You can go with a 29g tank for these two. With a tank that small, you can do PWCs to remove your nitrates; skimmer isn't mandatory with a tank that small. Any larger and you probably shoudl get one etc.

Cost will be determined on prices near you as well as if you go 2nd hand off of CL or not etc.

Thanks lol I did some research and for a 30 gallon it's over $400 lol I think freshwater is just easier haha

pattyfurg said:
Thanks lol I did some research and for a 30 gallon it's over $400 lol I think freshwater is just easier haha

-1 for a tank that size the equipment would be the same other then added flow from powerheads so the price isn't much more then a FW tank unless you decide to go with corals. I really think you should go for it...set up a 29 as if it were gonna be FW then add 2 nano powerheads and 25lbs lace rock ($2-$3/lb) 5 lbs live rock ($4-$12/lb) then add your substrate (optional) salt water and your done. Cycle it as you would a FW tank and there you go

See because I'm only young I don't think I could keep up with a sw tank lol plus iv been banned from getting anymore tanks 0.0 haha I might try to save up the money first and then think about getting a tank ^.^

Back
Top Bottom