New coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone i have a new coral i want to add to my tank how do you acclimate them? Does everyone make an iodine dip and if so how do you do that?

For acclimation, I use the drip method. I drip slowly until the water volume is 4x what was sent with the coral. Usually takes about an hour.

There are lots of different dips you can do to try to keep out unwanted pests. I don't have any experience with them, however.

i too drip mine, depending on the amount of water that is in the bag depends on how long I drip for, i use a gallon pitcher for mine, pour the bag(dont just let the coral fall) into it, i usually do 40% bag water(unless it is a really tall frag) then ill drip till its full, 45 min-1hr on average. if its just a zoa frag or something that gets removed from the water by my LFS, ill usually just fill the gallon pitcher up some and place it straight in since it was removed to begin with or possibly wrapped in newspaper. this is where i add my iodine and flat worm killer so they get dosed before they hit the display but that usually takes about 15-20 min

My zoos are doing great thanks everyone. My leather has not come out yet and has stayed in since i got it. Is this just acclimating.

My leather has not come out yet and is shedding. is it normal for it to get white spots around the top of its crown (not scinetific name haha) and on its stalk.

All leathers slough every few weeks and last about a day or two. How about some pics of these white spots.

Back
Top Bottom