Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
I suppose I should have looked at the pics first, that is either gonipora (24 tentacles on each polyp Alveopora has only 12 tentacles per polyp) or its a Turbinaria sp coral. Need a better pic to know for sure.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:41 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
but I asked around 2 LFS's for the hardiest species... I only plan on adding ONE more tops... and it will be very far away from this one.
Never, EVER, seek and take the advice of someone that has a monetary gain to be made with the answer they give. Not to mention, many LFS are less education in coral husbandry than even the average member of any forum. It doesn't take that much more effort to see a coral in the store, and then research it before purchase (I take my book with me!). If you really want it, and it is a good LFS, they should even be willing to hold it for you. The point is, as a conscientious aquarist, you should be responsible for anything and everything that gets placed in your tank.

HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:49 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Kevin, I got KentMarine Phytoplankton and CoralVite ... I plan on using the phytoplakton 3 times a week and the coralvite once a week after water changes... Sound like a good plan?
125 gal mixed REEF
PrettyFishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:07 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
That looks like gonipora to me, although I cant see it that well. As Kevin said, you got seriously gypted out. Go back and kick and scream. That is said to be a hard to keep coral, beautiful, but tough to keep.

If you don't love what you do, you'd better find something else to love. Otherwise, you don't have a reason for living.
-Ray B.
d9hp is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com