New Corel in a bigginers tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul tyler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am a bigginer in marine tanks iv set one up in a 110l tank I got my 1st fish last week clown fish and thay have settled in ok I'm looking next for a bit of Corel for my rocks what are the nice but easy Corel to look after and best food for them a Corel what most shops would sell.

I started with a hammer (which is an awesome hardy piece although aggressive) and a dragon eye zoa which you really cant go wrong with. Shrooms, and gsp are also nice additions although some people complain about them because of their rapid growth pattern.

I am a bigginer in marine tanks iv set one up in a 110l tank I got my 1st fish last week clown fish and thay have settled in ok I'm looking next for a bit of Corel for my rocks what are the nice but easy Corel to look after and best food for them a Corel what most shops would sell.

What kind of lighting do you have? Which corals to choose really depends on what kind of lights you have.

I started with a hammer (which is an awesome hardy piece although aggressive) and a dragon eye zoa which you really cant go wrong with. Shrooms, and gsp are also nice additions although some people complain about them because of their rapid growth pattern.

Ok il do my shopping and see what I can get

Dans right before anything how's your parameters and what kinda lights you have running?

Dans right before anything how's your parameters and what kinda lights you have running?

I have t5 lighting and one blue marine light parameters my mate from shop comes round and sorts everything out .

If your mate from the shop set it up and checks yours parameters why don't you ask him what would be suitable for your tank? No offence but if you know very little about your tank then you should not introduce anything into it without the proper knowledge to look after it...

If your mate from the shop set it up and checks yours parameters why don't you ask him what would be suitable for your tank? No offence but if you know very little about your tank then you should not introduce anything into it without the proper knowledge to look after it...

+1 Also, just bc you have T5's doesn't mean anything. Do you know how many watts the fixture is? Low end T5 lights can only grow softies, zoas and some LPS(depending on watts) rarely any SPS will thrive under those lights that includes anemones as well.

Gotta start by saying they are coral not corel. That was drivin me nuts...lol

Alright, in a 5 week old tank with t5's youre gonna want to take things slow. Soft coral are your best bet. Mushrooms, polyps, xenia and leathers would be a nice start depending on the look. I liked colt coral because it flors in the water movement and is hardy. Finger leather looks more clasically coralish but doesnt require high light. Go to you shop, explain your tank and just buy one coral. Put it in and watch it a couple of weeks. Is it expanding? Does it look like it did in the store? These are indications things are going well and you can expan from there.

Back
Top Bottom