New Feather Duster Dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nat_a126

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I just got a feather duster 3 days ago. It has not opened once. I felt the tube, and it doesn't feel like there is anything in there.

I drip acclimated it for an hour and 15 minutes, and the current tank inhabitants in my 65 gallon tank are a Midas Blenny, an ocellaris clownfish, one skunk cleaner shrimp, an urchin, and a molly with Molly fry.

How can I tell if my feather duster has died? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, these are worms. They aren't stuck in the tube. If it isn't happy there, it can up and go somewhere else and form a new tube. They can also ditch their crown if they are stressed. I would give it time and leave it be. Keep an eye on it to see what comes out of it.

Well, these are worms. They aren't stuck in the tube. If it isn't happy there, it can up and go somewhere else and form a new tube. They can also ditch their crown if they are stressed. I would give it time and leave it be. Keep an eye on it to see what comes out of it.

It still hasn't come out once... I think it might be dead :(

What are your Nitrate readings? They can't handle a high load of Nitrates in the water, nor ammonia or Nitrites.

What are your Nitrate readings? They can't handle a high load of Nitrates in the water, nor ammonia or Nitrites.

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0-5ppm

I have a sea urchin and shrimp that are doing fine if that makes a difference.

It never opened

Back
Top Bottom