Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #31
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Dont be discourage by this either. It is part of the learning curve that we all had to face at one point or another. I wouldn't give up on the LFS, either one of them, the fact that one had a dead Naso doesn't mean they are a bad LFS, just go in next time with more knowledge. Spend some time doing research on different fish. There are a few websites that have it broken down by tank size....I believe that fantasyreef.com is one of those sites. They also give you a good amount of information on a lot of different fish, inverts and corals. This is a non-stop learning process!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree that dead fish in a tank does not make a bad fish store. But the store's response to you pointing it out should be taken under consideration, as well as how often it happens. Since just about all fish stores have massive amounts of water circulating through their common tank system, a decaying fish in one tank really won't throw the water parameters off that much. But from a public perception standpoint, if I owned that fish store, I wouldn't want people to see that. Anytime I've pointed out dead fish to a fish store, they've been really embarrassed and removed it on the spot.

As far as the horrible information from that one LFS, the fact that they let him walk out with 4 fish - including a tang - for a 46g tank, all at once, (yes... the LFS should've asked what size tank these were going in to, in my opinion) tells me that customer service is NOT their priority. Maybe it was just a personnel issue and not a management issue - but I doubt it.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok thanks I will take him back sadly enough he was my favorite... maybe a yellow tang would work out better it says 50min or is this incorrect and I should get tangs out of the picture?

Ya and the other store iwth the dead naso said I could put a clown trigger in my tank which I knew that I couldnt.

Oh and I did tell them I had a 46 gallon.

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/...d=7&item_id=15
Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I think that for a 46g bow you are better to stay away from all tangs. Even though it says a yellow tang can go in a 50g tank they really should be in larger tanks. There are so many options out there for beautiful fish that I'm sure you will be able to create an amazing tank.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok thanks I just really like the tangs they are such beautiful fish. But it sounds like I will have to wait until I get another larger tank in the future.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree, and trust me I feel your pain. I loved tangs so much, I started out with an itty bitty 30gal tank...then I went out and splurged on a 120g to expand my stock list a little bit.

Anyways good luck again, dont forget to have some fun along the way!

Tags
new fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com