New FOWLR tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipper0512

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So we have decided to jump into salt water FOWLR. We currently have freshwater gold fish but used to be addicted to African cichlids, breeding fronts, and many different types of peacock, so im not a newbie, but still have plenty to learn.

So I am sure this question has been asked many of times but will this set up work.....

90 gallon (48x18)
dual t5 light
2 aqua clear 110 (500 mph each)
bh2000 skimmer
2 1650 gph hydro powerheads
60 lbs. live rock
30 or so base rock
about 3inch of sand which some will be live

fish we are not set on yet, but some ideas are
an eel of sorts is a must, thinking snowflake
A few angels
puffer or two,
butterfly's
baslets
wrasses
cardinals and
startfsh

So I know everyone is going to say sump, but where the tank is I am not sure I want it down there, plus I am comfortable with the equipment listed and it has always done well for me.

Will I be ok or am I asking for trouble.

All comments appreciated and criticism welcome.

Thank you,

Sounds good to me my recommendations are the age old tried-and-true water quality and food quality...sounds like you're pretty good I don't know that you need 3 inches of sand in the bottom of your tank that's probably going hurt you in the long run with the potential for a lot of buildup but other than that... What kind of bulbs do you have in your T5 fixture?

The stock needs to be adjusted quite a bit but everything else sounds fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry my reply wasn't to the stock list just the setup... Yeah I would agree the stock list is too heavy.

Sorry my reply wasn't to the stock list just the setup... Yeah I would agree the stock list is too heavy.

Oh I wasn't responding to your post lol. Sorry I agree with everything you said, I was just adding about the stock. Here's what I'd do. Skip the butterfly, they're not easy fish. You could do 1 smaller puffer like one of the tobies. You could do 1 dwarf angel, 2 will fight. A snowflake eel will be fine but you couldn't do smaller fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So would one ac110 along with 2 1100 gph powerheads be sufficient to get everything started I can then add an additional filter if needed. I have yet to purchase the bh2000 but that that will be next.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom