Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New life spectrum marine pellets

Opinions on this brand? Right now I'm feeding frozen mysis shrimp and freeze dried cyclopeeze and I'm looking to add a good flake/pellet

Old 12-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #2

IME New Life Spectrum is by far the best brand out there right now. It is so complete and well balanced that fish tend to do better when fed it exclusively, better than when it is part of a variety.

The Thera+A formula would be better since it has enough garlic to kill some parasites, something that can be very beneficial in a marine tank.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not a saltwater guy (yet) but NLS is all I feed my crew. And yes I have ordered the Thera A formula.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
IME New Life Spectrum is by far the best brand out there right now. It is so complete and well balanced that fish tend to do better when fed it exclusively, better than when it is part of a variety.

The Thera+A formula would be better since it has enough garlic to kill some parasites, something that can be very beneficial in a marine tank.
Well I plan on feeding twice a day, once with a small amount of frozen/cyclopeeze and once with pellets.
I'll look and see if they have the formula next time I'm at the store.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #5

I wouldn't feed anything else if everything will accept the NLS. Unfortunately with many marine fish they simply won't take to prepared foods and you have to feed them. If you have fish that won't take to it then keep feeding frozen. The goal should be to get them on NLS exclusively, they will do better.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok good to know, I'll try to get everyone eating it. Thanks
Old 12-21-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727 View Post

i feed my fish NLS marine formula, they seem to really like it and are extremely healthy. as for the garlic you can always buy a garlic juice thing and soak the pellets in it. the garlic isn't really to kill parasites its more to entice the fish to eat it and also to help keep their immunties up. i've yet to read that it actually kills parasites

Tags
marine, pellet, pellets, spec, spectrum

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com