New Live Rock loaded with aptasia and fire worms, HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billy302

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are there any reef safe inverts or fish I can get to rid my tank of these rascals???? There are just too many of them, they will become a problem. I've heard there are traps?? Thanks! you guys RULE!!!!

Bill

What are you calling a fire worm? and you can use peppermint shrimp to take care of the aptasia

Joes Juice for the aips and get some peppermint shrimp to help keep them in check.

Can you post some pics of the worms? Are you sure they are not just bristle worms?

How much rock did you get and where did you get it from?

I've got a nasty bearded fireworm in my tank that took out my coral banded shrimp.

Here is a great link for info on them:

http://www.marinebio.com/species.asp?id=292

The best thing you can do, IMO, is take the rock out and dip it in freshwater. This will unfortanetly kill most other things on your rock, but I might have to resort to it soon. Either that, or pick it out with tweezers or something. Be careful though, they will sting you.

I had a fireworm living inside a LR. He was a big one and was about a foot long. He was damaging my coral and wrapping himself around my BTA. He was also very difficult to catch with tweezers as he moved swiftly. Fortunately I caught him with a trap in one attempt. I would recommend using a trap to catch the worm.

Back
Top Bottom