New LR. Now What

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMorris271

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a shipment of 45 lbs of LR today from LA. It looks ok I guess but don't know. So with all the different versions of what to do I need some advise please. Also I have about have about 80 lbs of DR and another 25 lbs of LR that I think I killed with an ammonia overdose soaking in barrels of SW. It's been soaking for bout 3 months now

I added more ammonia yesterday to these barrels and it tested at 6 ppm.
A 125 gal tank is suppose to be delivered tomorrow or the next day.
I was planning to cure this LR in the DT when it get here. There is nothing in this tank except a bill of sale.

You don't want to dose higher than 2ppm or it'll make things take longer.
I personally can never get the dosing right, so use a cocktail shrimp instead. Makes it nice and easy.
For the dry rock, I would give it a good soak and scrubbing to get as much of the dust and such off of it as possible.

the dry rock has been soaking 3 almost 4 months. My ammonia pours faster than I thought. :eek: I am thinking about rinsing off the new LR and putting it all in the new DT with shrimp. The 125 gal tank is suppose to be here sometime this weekend hopefully. There is nothing in the tank obviously.

Back
Top Bottom