New member - help me pick a new fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajb196

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just joined this forum and I have a few questions, i have a 75 gallon fish only saltwater tank, I have an emperor 400 with established bio- wheels and a fluval 306 canister filter along with an eshopps hang on back protein skimmer, the tank has been up for almost a year now. I use ro water and test water parameters three times a week with a 20 gallon water change every week along with cleaning the filters. I was wondering if you guys new of any good butterfly fish or small angel fish that I could add to my tank. I have live rock along with some decorations. But my main concern is I want the new fish to get along with the fish I have in the tank. This is my first saltwater tank so I would like one that doesn't require special care. The fish I have in the tank now are as follows: 1 diamond watchman goby, 2 goby fire fish , 1 purple dotty back, 1 algae Benny, 1 yellow eyed kole tang, 3 blue damsels females, and 5 blue/ green reef chromis. I'm looking for suggestions?

Id say you have enought fish for a 75.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No offense intended at all, but you may have scared some advisors at "bio-wheel" and "canister." Best luck to you☺️

I also think you may be at your fish limit for a 75g. If you were to get another one I would go with one fish that isnt too too big. The filtration is fine in my eyes, it has been stable for a year so its probably ok with adding some more bioload.
But if you do add something else just be extra cautious and keep an eye on the parameters.
I only say one more fish since a couple of the existing fish are pretty small and dont really take up tank space. As for a suggestion on fish, well I dont know. lol
You have a nice mix now of sand dwellers and cave dwellers and a good amount of swimmy fish like the chromis.
:)

Thank you all for the suggestions and on the inverts I am hoping to do those when I get more live rock. I'm planning on building a nice huge arch and some caves out of rock. But I was wondering if I would need to put a power head behind them in the back of the tank so that the algae doesn't build up to bad. The tank has good flow at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom