new member lot of good info in here thanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobby30tank1728

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm about 5 months into my first reef tank it's a 30 gal. I'll go biger later I'll be in the learning stages for a while I have a power filter with a built in skimer 2 power heads 24 lbs. LR. 25 lbs. LS. one of my rocks has some I think it's called Zeinia growing on it it's growing well . I have 65wat power compact and another 20 wats of blue light LFS told me the name for it but I can't remember right now. hope to hear from you guys with any ideas. talk to later.

bobby

Hi Bobby, welcome to the forum. I am still very new to saltwater and have found this site to be invaluable. The amount of information I have received has saved me much time and loss I'm sure. One thing I have figured out is that the pro's here have never failed to answer any question no matter how trivial it may seem.

Trust in them.

Howard

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :D

Sounds like your off to a decent start. Will this be an FOWLR tank or are you leaning toward a reef? It will make a difference in your lighting.

The coral on your LR is a Xenia most likely (pronounced Zee-nee-ah) and the "blue light" is probabley an actinic blue bulb.

bobby30tank1728 said:
I have a power filter with a built in skimer
Got a brand name/model or is this two seperate pieces of equipment? Sounds much like a skilter.

Cheers
Steve

my filter/skimer is a supreme model 400-299 would greatful if any one had some input on this thing or maybe somthing else.

Thanks
Bobby

hey steve I just wanted to know if any one knew of or had any dealings with type of filter. it seems to work well. but would like to know if there is something better.

Bobby

I have a skilter, I recommed you do the modification which consists of putting a wooden air stone in the skimmer chamber. Its fairly easy to do and it will improve the skimmer. But please note that you might want to consider a real skimmer later on depending on where you want to go with your tank. The skilter for what I've read wont give you what you need once you get into corals and such. Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom