new nano reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanicaesar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone, I've just started into the world of reef tanks, only with a 60L 2ft tank, which so far is great! just wanted to post some photos and get some opinions. today I bought some amazing live rock from my local reef store and it is super purple with lots of bits and pieces hanging about. tonight I noticed this! could it be a tiny baby coral? it seems to react as if its living, what are the best steps I should take to make sure this little guy survives? cheers guys

Attachments

• image-25702905.jpg
    image-25702905.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 102
oh wow! that's ausome! hopefully I can keep it living in my tank! I know anemones are hard to keep, if I put some hermit crabs in there will they attack it?

That's awesome that you got that as a hitch hiker. Deff looks like a bubble tip anemone to me. What kind of lighting do you have? They take very good lighting to thrive. Also this is a new tank? Awesome hitchhiker but don't be bummed if it does not make it.

thanks dwilliams haha, yeah I was so shocked that he made it! I don't have very good lighting and it is a brand new tank, so I don't have my hopes to high, also this morning when I switched my lights on I could see it so I'm guessing its moved and wouldn't that mean that it's not liking the environment it's in?

tanicaesar said:
thanks dwilliams haha, yeah I was so shocked that he made it! I don't have very good lighting and it is a brand new tank, so I don't have my hopes to high, also this morning when I switched my lights on I could see it so I'm guessing its moved and wouldn't that mean that it's not liking the environment it's in?

It's moving to try to get better flow & lighting.

If you don't have good lights, it will probably die. :( very cool hitchhiker, but not if its gonna die and pollute your tank. If I were you, I would try to take it out and take back to the LFS, maybe they'll give you store credit for it. You gotta be VERY careful when removing it though cuz if you damage the foot, then it will die.

Back
Top Bottom