Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 470
New nano tank

Hey all, so I couldn't resist and have bought myself a 40litre nano tank with twin marine lights not sure what make yet as I'm picking the tank up Thursday, not sure what to stock with tho, I already have my 400litre reef, I was thinkin either a pistol shrimp and goby pair or maybe some seahorses, anyone have any ideas? Here's a pic of the tank..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-838231434.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	120602  
__________________

__________________
mrwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwizard
Hey all, so I couldn't resist and have bought myself a 40litre nano tank with twin marine lights not sure what make yet as I'm picking the tank up Thursday, not sure what to stock with tho, I already have my 400litre reef, I was thinkin either a pistol shrimp and goby pair or maybe some seahorses, anyone have any ideas? Here's a pic of the tank..
Cool FYI
__________________

__________________
Maddunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
obscurereef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,301
That's a cute little tank! I wouldn't recommend seahorses as the salinity and other parameters might fluctuate due to the reason that there is minimal water volume so more room for error. I think a clown goby and a type of dartfish (purple firefish) would be awesome! That goby/shrimp combo would be awesome, but idk if they would have enough room/sand to make a burrow.
__________________
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #4
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef
That's a cute little tank! I wouldn't recommend seahorses as the salinity and other parameters might fluctuate due to the reason that there is minimal water volume so more room for error. I think a clown goby and a type of dartfish (purple firefish) would be awesome! That goby/shrimp combo would be awesome, but idk if they would have enough room/sand to make a burrow.
That's what I was wary of with the seahorses, I think I will skip them, from what I've been reading they seem like too much work right now lol.
I'll check out the firefish and clown goby, with the pistol shrimp and goby combo I'd make it just for them, I think I could make it work if I take my time with the rockwork. Still unsure tho, I'm just looking for more ideas really, something different.
__________________
mrwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Can't wait to see what this looks like when your done
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
Can't wait to see what this looks like when your done
Thanks, your bio cube is the inspiration behind this tank lol your bio cube is just amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen honestly! If I can get it anywhere near as good as that tank I'd be a very happy man!
__________________
mrwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Convict2161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 14,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwizard

Thanks, your bio cube is the inspiration behind this tank lol your bio cube is just amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen honestly! If I can get it anywhere near as good as that tank I'd be a very happy man!
Thanks for the kind words!! Really appreciate it man
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161

Thanks for the kind words!! Really appreciate it man
You've earnt them.
I need to post on your thread in a second, I want to know the name of one of your corals lol
__________________

__________________
mrwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nano, nano tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.