Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #1

New nano tank

Hey all, so I couldn't resist and have bought myself a 40litre nano tank with twin marine lights not sure what make yet as I'm picking the tank up Thursday, not sure what to stock with tho, I already have my 400litre reef, I was thinkin either a pistol shrimp and goby pair or maybe some seahorses, anyone have any ideas? Here's a pic of the tank..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-838231434.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	120602  

Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwizard
Hey all, so I couldn't resist and have bought myself a 40litre nano tank with twin marine lights not sure what make yet as I'm picking the tank up Thursday, not sure what to stock with tho, I already have my 400litre reef, I was thinkin either a pistol shrimp and goby pair or maybe some seahorses, anyone have any ideas? Here's a pic of the tank..
Cool FYI

Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's a cute little tank! I wouldn't recommend seahorses as the salinity and other parameters might fluctuate due to the reason that there is minimal water volume so more room for error. I think a clown goby and a type of dartfish (purple firefish) would be awesome! That goby/shrimp combo would be awesome, but idk if they would have enough room/sand to make a burrow.

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef
That's a cute little tank! I wouldn't recommend seahorses as the salinity and other parameters might fluctuate due to the reason that there is minimal water volume so more room for error. I think a clown goby and a type of dartfish (purple firefish) would be awesome! That goby/shrimp combo would be awesome, but idk if they would have enough room/sand to make a burrow.
That's what I was wary of with the seahorses, I think I will skip them, from what I've been reading they seem like too much work right now lol.
I'll check out the firefish and clown goby, with the pistol shrimp and goby combo I'd make it just for them, I think I could make it work if I take my time with the rockwork. Still unsure tho, I'm just looking for more ideas really, something different.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can't wait to see what this looks like when your done

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
Can't wait to see what this looks like when your done
Thanks, your bio cube is the inspiration behind this tank lol your bio cube is just amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen honestly! If I can get it anywhere near as good as that tank I'd be a very happy man!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwizard

Thanks, your bio cube is the inspiration behind this tank lol your bio cube is just amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen honestly! If I can get it anywhere near as good as that tank I'd be a very happy man!
Thanks for the kind words!! Really appreciate it man

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161

Thanks for the kind words!! Really appreciate it man
You've earnt them.
I need to post on your thread in a second, I want to know the name of one of your corals lol

Tags
nano, nano tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com