New Oceanic Biocube 29 Startup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BHead707 said:
I have the BC that is by coralife as well. and i was also looking into modding the back of it because i feel like that little carbon insert isn't doing much work, plus i've heard the bioballs aren't really needed if you have the ample amount of live rock.

That's what I've heard. I removed the carbon filter and sup. with a bag of purigen. Seems to work better for me now. I'll probably wait for In Tank to make a setup specifically for this model.

What are the specs on the new lighting? When I spoke with the Oceanic rep last they said they were upgrading a hood with led and changing the fans (which are loud if not cleaned a lot!).

Looks great!

I have had my BC29 for a couple years and just moved. I am cycling now and waiting on my intank filtration upgrade and fuge light to show up tomorrow or the next day!

Starchar said:
What are the specs on the new lighting? When I spoke with the Oceanic rep last they said they were upgrading a hood with led and changing the fans (which are loud if not cleaned a lot!).

Looks great!

I have had my BC29 for a couple years and just moved. I am cycling now and waiting on my intank filtration upgrade and fuge light to show up tomorrow or the next day!

Fluorescent Lamps 10,000K and Actinic
5 Lunar Blue LEDs
the fans can be a little loud but doesn't bother me at all. I don't think there's much difference other than the clear back to attach lighting for fuge on the rear. In Tank says their coming with a media rack for the coralife version so I guess I'll just wait a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom