New please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman1012

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I recently just got a 30 gallon tank and I want to make it a saltwater tank it has the filter that came with the tank. Can I use this filter along with a Powerhead for movement and circulation I I have correct lighting And heather. Is there anything else I may need? Any suggestions on water products like salt mix I will be using tap water but using water conditioner. Any help will be much appreciated y’all!

Using tap water is not a good path for saltwater. It will lead to algae issues. RO/DI water is best, even distilled water will leave nutrients in the water column.
In terms of using what you have, any of it can be fine to cycle through the tank, but in terms of its of any real value it's unknown since we don't know what brand it all is.
I'd suggest reading our articles section to get an idea on what you'll need to do to get a saltwater tank going. You'll need 1 lbs per gallon of rock and sand for starters.

Back
Top Bottom