New Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Frank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to start a 42 gallon reef tank and keep some corals and fish. I am focusing mainly on the scape of the tank (mainly corals) and not the fish, but I do want to keep a few eye catching species. I am really interested in keeping a Snowflake Moray Eel, Ocellaris Clown fish and some yellow tangs. My local fish store has advised me that the moray will not be compatible with the clowns and will eat them. What do you guys think about this? Thanks.

,,Definitely no yellow tang, they need a lot more room. Eels are messy predators. Snowflakes are crustacean eaters so I doubt it would go after any reasonably sized fish but it would definitely eat shrimp and crabs. Plus they're super messy fish. If you are focusing on corals mostly I'd stick to clowns and other small reef safe fish like gobies, blennies, cardinals, small wrasses, etc

,,Definitely no yellow tang, they need a lot more room. Eels are messy predators. Snowflakes are crustacean eaters so I doubt it would go after any reasonably sized fish but it would definitely eat shrimp and crabs. Plus they're super messy fish. If you are focusing on corals mostly I'd stick to clowns and other small reef safe fish like gobies, blennies, cardinals, small wrasses, etc

Thanks very much [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom