Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Regular

Me too a big tank must be great x

Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
Yep those are zoas, they will probably stay that color. But hey free coral
Never turn down something that's free haha! All opening up now too

Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsy View Post
Me too a big tank must be great x
It all depends on what you're willing to invest in your tank time wise. Some people with the HUGE tanks spend an hour daily maintaining them. Not to mention the cost of maintaining large tanks.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Regular

Time is not a problem! Work 5 days 9 hours but the money a large tank costs is phenomenal
Old 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Freak

Another fish to consider would be the fire fish their optimal tank size is 10 gallons,they are peaceful and would get along with your clowns.I am going for a pair of purple fire fish because they are purple and will be very happy in my 45g.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nemateleotris_decora.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	209175  
Criptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criptix View Post
Another fish to consider would be the fire fish their optimal tank size is 10 gallons,they are peaceful and would get along with your clowns.I am going for a pair of purple fire fish because they are purple and will be very happy in my 45g.
Looks amazing! Just hope you can get them in England!!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Freak

Okay sometimes research can make your head explode because there is advice and research that is contradictory.yes Live Aquaria recommends at least 70g for a flame angel but another aquarium site I trust said 60g and this site said a minimum of 30g.So maybe someone on the site that has successful housed a flame angel would be a better authority on whether or not you could get the Flame Angel and if they say yes then I may be changing my stocking plan because, like you, flame angels are one of my absolute favorites.
Criptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Okay sometimes research can make your head explode because there is advice and research that is contradictory.yes Live Aquaria recommends at least 70g for a flame angel but another aquarium site I trust said 60g and this site said a minimum of 30g.So maybe someone on the site that has successful housed a flame angel would be a better authority on whether or not you could get the Flame Angel and if they say yes then I may be changing my stocking plan because, like you, flame angels are one of my absolute favorites.
This is amazing news!!!!!

It is honestly one of my favourite marine fish! If I can have one I will be over the moon
Old 11-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
It's common for sites to have completely contradicting information for stocking levels in tanks. But keep in mind that anyone can type in a "recommended" tank size for a fish. Due to angels being territorial and somewhat aggressive fish I wouldn't try anything less than a 4ft long tank which is a 55g. Live aquaria is pretty much the authority on stocking fish so it's safe to take their stocking suggestions to heart although sometimes they can give suggestions that are a little high.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Regular

Terrible news guys!

Just had a really really good stare at the clowns and I'm sure this one has white spot...

Next course of action please?

It's my first fish and only had it several hours... Shall I take it back to the LFS? Or is there a method or getting rid of it

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com