new salt water aquarist 125 gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

posiedon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone,
I have a 125 gal tank w/ 115lbs of LR 100lbs of fijian sand. I have a wild powder blue tang who cannot shake the ICH. In my tank all other fish are ICH free. I have 3 yellow tangs, 2 clown fish, 1 3 spotted wrasse, 2 small gobys, and a empreor angel. My tank is 2 months up and running with amonia 0 ph7.9, temp 79. The reason so many fish so fast is b/c most were given to me by a fellow hobbyist. All fish are eating great,including the powder blue who has ICH all over him. Three days ago i did a fresh water dip for 15 min on the powder blue and when placed back in the show tank ( no QT yet wife already wants to drown me in the current tank) He looked much better( all white spots gone but still showing bumps beneath slime coat. I'am currently treating the entire tank with garlic extreme and in the food. This evening his ICH is back in full force. I feel that he is stressed and that is why the ICH is only on him. A QT tank at this time is not an option for me right now,is there anything else I can do? HELP!

Sorry to say it is in the system and all the fish are susceptible to infestation. There is a need for a very large qt tank, all fish must be treated and the main be allowed to remain fishless for at least 6 weeks. You have another problem..your tank is overstocked and this will bring evidence of a parasite along even faster.
We are happy to try and talk you through it, but there must be a level of comittment from you and it starts with a qt setup.
Let us know.

Back
Top Bottom