New Saltwater 29 Gallon - Next Purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

efzichal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon tank with live rock and live sand. Protein Skimmer and circulation pump. I have recently added 1 turbo shrimp, 2 narcicuss snails, 1 peppermint shrimp, 3 scarlet hermit crabs and 1 astral snail. I would like to have coral, invertebrates and fish. What should I add next - the coral, invertebrates or fish? Thanks

I have a 29 gallon tank with live rock and live sand. Protein Skimmer and circulation pump. I have recently added 1 turbo shrimp, 2 narcicuss snails, 1 peppermint shrimp, 3 scarlet hermit crabs and 1 astral snail. I would like to have coral, invertebrates and fish. What should I add next - the coral, invertebrates or fish? Thanks

Tank is cycled intake it? Skimmer is pointless IMHO, do what you will but if you keep up on your water changes you'll be fine. What lighting do you have? That will determine what corals you can keep. How long has the tank been up and running? You already have inverts.

Assuming tank is cycled, adding fish will bring you joy. If you like clowns look into true percula clownfish. They are more colorful than regular ocellaris clown. I personally got ORA Picasso clowns and enjoy looking at them very much.
Picture attached.

What kind of lights do you have and what kind of corals do you like?

image-38832671.jpg

Tank has been up and running for 4 weeks now. I don't have any other invertebrates other than the snails, peppermint shrimp and hermit crabs. As for my lighting - fluorescent bulb but I am willing to go out and purchase a needed bulb. What would be some easy to care for corals to start with?

Tank has been up and running for 4 weeks now. I don't have any other invertebrates other than the snails, peppermint shrimp and hermit crabs. As for my lighting - fluorescent bulb but I am willing to go out and purchase a needed bulb. What would be some easy to care for corals to start with?

Beginner Corals: Corals Suitable for Beginners in Saltwater Aquariums

15 Easy Saltwater Aquarium Reef Corals - Easy Marine Aquarium Reef Corals - Easy Saltwater Aquarium Reef Corals For Beginners

I hear mushrooms and zoas are hardy and easy to care for.

When it comes to lighting there are so many options depending on your budget. With tank our size people recommend 3w LEDs for sps corals. I have two StarkLED Flare. Each has 10 LEDs 3watts each. I'm also a fan of kessil 150W. If you don't plan on growing SPS corals no need to get strong light.

Back
Top Bottom