New Saltwater set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puffer18 is my beautiful gf who deserves a medal for putting up with me and my fishy obsession.

Just encase any of you were wondering.

That's not her real name either lmfao

Lol that's ok, so now you've seen it what do ya think? Honestly! Lol

I really like it. Its very open and organized. I like how you made the scape the way you did. The rocks themselves look very nice and colorful, they're not white or boring, really nice job.

You made a lot of spaces which is good for the fish you have/plan to stock are able to swim through and hide.

Did you epoxy the rocks together or just stack them up ? I stacked mine

TommyP said:
I really like it. Its very open and organized. I like how you made the scape the way you did. The rocks themselves look very nice and colorful, they're not white or boring, really nice job.

You made a lot of spaces which is good for the fish you have/plan to stock are able to swim through and hide.

Did you epoxy the rocks together or just stack them up ? I stacked mine

Thanks glad you like it.
No I just stacked them up. I put the bottom layer about an inch and half away from the back wall and then the 3rd layer is resting on the back wall. I done it so the fish could get behind the rocks and chill out/hide and I provided lots of holes for the fish to swim through.
It needs more light over it but I'm getting there.

I will be selling it after Xmas along with my 4ft discus tank. The plan is to sell them both then buy a 4x2x2 tank cabinet with sump. So I can do it properly with a skimmer and other stuff.

So there will be another new build thread coming soon lol. ;-)

Nice. My tank is 48long x 12 deep x like 20 tall i think maybe 24 that would probably make sense. so its pretty much 4x1x2. I wish I had a bigger tank. I would recommend, if you have the space provided to go bigger. I wish I had.

TommyP said:
Nice. My tank is 48long x 12 deep x like 20 tall i think maybe 24 that would probably make sense. so its pretty much 4x1x2. I wish I had a bigger tank. I would recommend, if you have the space provided to go bigger. I wish I had.

Yea it's not just about space tho, I could get a 7ft x2x2 in but you got to work out the running cost and the equipment you need to run it. If I was a rich man I would have the biggest tank money could buy lol. Unfortunately I'm not :-( 4x2x2 is a pretty good size and manageable.

I agree. I am indeed no rich man and content with my 55 gallon tank. Will search in the future to follow your build!

TommyP said:
I agree. I am indeed no rich man and content with my 55 gallon tank. Will search in the future to follow your build!

Lol I will let everyone know on this thread when I start my new build.

The trouble is you could keep going and going, you have to get to a point and just be happy with what you have. I will get there lol.

Ok so I have ordered my new tank. It should be here at the end of the month. I will then start a new thread as I'm having the cabinet hand built.

The tank size is 48x30x24 that's 4ft in length 2ft front to back and 30" tall.

Need some stocking advise tho. I have a yellow tang, 2 clarki clowns and a pink spot goby already. What else could I add? Want a good sized fish that is reef safe as a main fish.

Ok so and update on the tank.

Sadly I lost the copperband about 2 months ago for some reason he just stopped eating.
I left the tank as it was for a while as I was saving up for the new tank, which I now have. It's 4ft long 2ft wide and 30" high. The sump is 3ft long 17" wide and 17" high. A friend of mine is making the cabinet for me out of solid oak.

I have brought a new skimmer for it, a new return pump to run the uv and I have still got to buy another return pump for the main tank feed a light unit and a phosphate reactor. When I have all the bits I will put a new thread together.
A friend of mine was breaking down his tank and was selling of some fish, I brought a regal tang for £25 he has been in his tank for 3 years and I figured that he was used to being in an aquarium and would be more resilient as supposed to shop brought one.

Here he is.

image-529631640.jpg

He is in with the yellow tang, clarki clowns, and pink spotted goby. The yellow tang was showing a lot of aggression toward him yesterday and this morning but since this afternoon he has not really bothered him. They seem to be getting on well now.

I might be buying his marine betta of him too. Then I won't buy anything else untill I have set the new tank up. I pick up the cabinet this weekend and hopefully will have all the pluming done by Monday next week.

Once I get started I will start a new thread and let you all know.

Cheers guys happy fish keeping. ;-)

Ok so and update on the tank.

Sadly I lost the copperband about 2 months ago for some reason he just stopped eating.
I left the tank as it was for a while as I was saving up for the new tank, which I now have. It's 4ft long 2ft wide and 30" high. The sump is 3ft long 17" wide and 17" high. A friend of mine is making the cabinet for me out of solid oak.

I have brought a new skimmer for it, a new return pump to run the uv and I have still got to buy another return pump for the main tank feed a light unit and a phosphate reactor. When I have all the bits I will put a new thread together.
A friend of mine was breaking down his tank and was selling of some fish, I brought a regal tang for £25 he has been in his tank for 3 years and I figured that he was used to being in an aquarium and would be more resilient as supposed to shop brought one.

Here he is.

He is in with the yellow tang, clarki clowns, and pink spotted goby. The yellow tang was showing a lot of aggression toward him yesterday and this morning but since this afternoon he has not really bothered him. They seem to be getting on well now.

I might be buying his marine betta of him too. Then I won't buy anything else untill I have set the new tank up. I pick up the cabinet this weekend and hopefully will have all the pluming done by Monday next week.

Once I get started I will start a new thread and let you all know.

Cheers guys happy fish keeping. ;-)

Congrats! I just bought myself a baby hippo tang :) looking forward to the progress of ur tank!

ah cool they are a sweet fish.

I'm hoping everything goes smooth with my tank build. I should be able to get the new thread started this weekend. Fingered crossed. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom