Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness
New pic of the tank, have now got 25kg of live rock tank is cycled after I used 150lts of my mates water from his system left it for just over a week.
I have rearranged the rock to form lots of holes and caves for the fish to play in.

First fish 2x Clarke clowns going in tomorrow.
What do you think?
I will take a pic of the fish after they settle in and post.
That's awesome! Looking good. I like the rock work.. maybe down the line stack a few more in the middle?
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Worcester (England)
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

That's awesome! Looking good. I like the rock work.. maybe down the line stack a few more in the middle?
Yea I think I will, I'm just going to add maybe 1kg a week, keeps the cost down and allows me to spend more on fish and corals, although I need a wave maker and a skimmer first lol.

Anyway it's about time you changed your name! Dans180 er you sold the 180 so should be Dans0 lol
__________________

__________________
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness

Yea I think I will, I'm just going to add maybe 1kg a week, keeps the cost down and allows me to spend more on fish and corals, although I need a wave maker and a skimmer first lol.

Anyway it's about time you changed your name! Dans180 er you sold the 180 so should be Dans0 lol
Technically I haven't sold it yet! lol I didn't even know you could change your name
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Worcester (England)
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180

Technically I haven't sold it yet! lol I didn't even know you could change your name
Yea you can I think, I was only joking tho lol.
Just my English sense of humour
__________________
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness

Yea you can I think, I was only joking tho lol.
Just my English sense of humour
I'll have to figure that out bc I do kinda wanna change it haha
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness
New pic of the tank, have now got 25kg of live rock tank is cycled after I used 150lts of my mates water from his system left it for just over a week.
I have rearranged the rock to form lots of holes and caves for the fish to play in.

First fish 2x Clarke clowns going in tomorrow.
What do you think?
I will take a pic of the fish after they settle in and post.
Hey!! It's looking great!! I really like how you came forward with the rock at the edges! Great job!
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Worcester (England)
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

Hey!! It's looking great!! I really like how you came forward with the rock at the edges! Great job!
Thank you, I'm really happy with it and can't wait to pick up the fish tomorrow.
__________________
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness

Thank you, I'm really happy with it and can't wait to pick up the fish tomorrow.
Wait, I just noticed your first post about you were getting a tank was 1 week ago. Is this tank cycled? You might wanna dose ammonia up to 4ppm and see if it goes down overnight. I just don't want you to put these beautiful fish in and then they die cuz tank's not cycled and then You get frustrated cuz your fish died. My 55g took a month to cycle. Don't believe what the "instant cycle" stuff says.
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
obscurereef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,301
I think you can change your name only if you have a membership. Hopefully you go the fishless cycling route!
__________________
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Worcester (England)
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

Wait, I just noticed your first post about you were getting a tank was 1 week ago. Is this tank cycled? You might wanna dose ammonia up to 4ppm and see if it goes down overnight. I just don't want you to put these beautiful fish in and then they die cuz tank's not cycled and then You get frustrated cuz your fish died. My 55g took a month to cycle. Don't believe what the "instant cycle" stuff says.
Yea tank has fully cycled now, 280ltr tank and I had 150ltr of water from my friends tank which has been running for 3 years. I have tested the water and taken a sample to 3 lfs and they have all said the water is spot on. It's basically a big water change.

I wouldn't add fish unless I was really sure. I have kept tropical fish for a numbers of years now, ok S/W is a bit different but the cycle is basically the same. But your right to ask the question some people don't know what they are doing lol.
__________________

__________________
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
salt, saltwater, set up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saltwater Setup and Care phoenixkiller Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 2 02-13-2012 05:53 PM
Saltwater Crabs - The Saltwater Aquariums Best Friend! Reefs2go.com Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 0 12-17-2011 12:27 PM
Mollie trun to saltwater Mjmjhot Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 0 10-19-2011 12:07 AM
Saltwater...how hard could it be??? Yikes Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 16 10-08-2011 11:43 PM
Saltwater Tank Dream/Journey Hatterz Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 11 07-15-2011 11:40 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.