I am transitioning from a 40gallon freshwater tank to a saltwater and I have a few questions:
1) do I need to change out all of my water in the tank before I make it salt or can I utilize the existing water in the tank?
2) in my filter should I get a new bio-wheel or is the one from the freshwater ok?
3) what steps do I need to take to make this process an easy transition?
Thus far I have given my old freshwater fish back to my LFS
. Tank is completely empty besides the water from the freshwater tank... I.e. I took out all rocks/plants/decorations etc.
I have purchased the salt and a hydrometer (pics attached)
4) how do I go about mixing the salt?
5) I have been told to get an ppm
in the tank to increase flow... Would it almost be better to buy a second filer and have two filters running?