New set up, good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lreilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally have settled, and I am more than ready to set up a new tank.
A local place has a deal and I need to know if it is good one or not. Because some times I feel as though I have "sucker" written on my face. So please any let me know what you think.

Oceanic bow front (60 gal)
Black wood stand and matching canopy
and sump for $599
And he will deliver it for me.
Don't forget no sales tax in OR

TIA for any advice.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but I live in Alaska so my opinion may not be useful. Oceanic tends to be overpriced here and shipping costs don't justify the markup IMO. Never heard of an Oceanic 60 bowfront though. Common ones here are 46's and 72's. Might want to make sure on what you're getting.

Sorry, it is a 72 gal.

Don't know where that number came from.

I would say that is a very good deal. Is the tank a standard or a reef-ready tank?

It does have the over flow boxes.

Thanks for your opinions. I have set up a fresh water tank then converted it to Salt, but this will be the first time starting off right. I want to make sure I get all of the right equipment first time around and well not pay more than I have to.

That seems like a pretty good deal, the oceanic tanks are very nice.

However, if you not not heartset on a bowfront, you an probably get a regular 75gal for much less, including a stand and canopy, and use the extra money for lights or other fun stuff. I only mention this because my 37gal is a bowfront and it looked cool in the store, but onced it was filled, the distortion due to the bowfront is pertty bad if you like to look into the tank closely.

just my $.02

John

that is a great point John. I have a 72gal bow front and if I was to do it over again I would have gone for a standard 75 instead. I do love the look of a bow front tank but had a very hard time finding a MH lighiting fixture to fix on top. It' width at the end is 13in, not 15 like a 75. Most fixtures I looked at were simply too wide to rest on the tank.

Internal overflow.

Complete reef ready.

Thank you for the advice about the bow vs standard. I would be happy either way. But my husband really is set on the bow front. So we will work from there.

We went ahead and just purchased it. After looking around on line, it did seem pretty good.

I have a month to find lights. Trying to take things slow, trying, I am so excited at this point. I have to remember to slow down or I will regret it.

well the month or so during cycling will give you time to read. the wait is unbearable though, because you have a tank ready and up, just have to wait for parameters to stabalize..... it seems like forever, lol. but it does give you time to research and find out what out what you want for the tank and time to save for what is needed, lol.

i wish i found a deal like that... i guess i will just keep my eyes open and hope something jumps out in front of me.... Good luck with your new tnak!!

Thanks, I am sure it will be wonderful. No matter what.

Back
Top Bottom