new set up im putting together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arizona reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok im puting a new set up together. its a 125 gallon tank 72X18X22. it will have a 30 gallon sump. i will be putting 100-125 pounds of live rock in the tank/sump. what i want to know is i want to plan my tank around a niger trigger fish. what other fish will go well with this fish. also how many pounds of sand will i need to get a 4 inch sand bed?

only a 30 gallon sump isn't that a little on the small side for a 125 gal.
evrything else looks pretty cool
I would add a Lion Fish

You have lots of options for fish that are compatible with the Niger. Tangs, angels, wrasses, lions, puffers, and lots more. Mainly depends on if you want an aggressive or docile tank.

Lions are really cool but lack in personality (not to mention they are venomous). Puffers are really cool and have great personality, but are a huge bio-load. You might get away with another trigger, but I wouldnt recommend it. Boxfish would work, maybe an eel or grouper.

Remember that aggresive tank can be more work because they are meat eaters and poop alot, meaning frequent water changes. You will be limited on inverts you can have because your fish might eat them.

heres a link with some descriptions http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/salt.htm

Back
Top Bottom