New setup!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leviskimboards

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got everything I need. I just gotta get some water and I'm ready!! I caught a snowflake eel and a Picasso trigger. I'm putting them in the new 40 gal!!

Hate to be the guy to say it, but that trigger has no place in a tank so small. It will quickly get stressed from the cramped size and easily raise parameters. I would suggest trading him back for something more appropriate for that sized tank.

You should do research before adding any fish to a tank. And on top of this, catching fish in such a manner is illegal just about everywhere.
I'll assume since you just up and grabbed these guys, your tank is uncycled as well. You'll need to keep up with water changes to prevent the ammonia and nitrite levels from killing off these fish.

Yes I've done research on these fish. I think he will be okay ?. I'm still cycling my tank HD is in quarantine rn. Also it is legal to catch fish. I live in Hawaii and its very legal here ☺.

I'm sorry but you don't know the rules here. Its 100% legal to fish and catch fish on Oahu. There are some places on the island that are resavores but it isn't the whole island......

Then we will simply agree to disagree. Sadly, the fact of the matter still stands that a tank that small will not support a sloppy eating eel and a trigger.

Hank is right mate. A trigger can grown nearly a foot long from memory. My 40G is 40 inches long. Although he is an inch now he will grow quickly and outgrow your tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

But he would be good for now correct? That's all I'm asking if its okay for him now!?!?

This has to be a troll, right? Asking if a fish that gets a foot long and will eventually need at least 180g tank will be ok "for now"? You do know that 1" fish can grow bigger, right? What's the game plan - keep it for 6 months and then throw it back in the ocean? ?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whales are an inch at one point. They grow, everything grows.

There is also a growing understanding and strive in this hobby to at least try and buy sustainable livestock as much as possible.

To putting any fish in an un-cycled tank is actually NOT doing research.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You guys aren't listening. They are in quarantine. They are not in my tank yet. I'm still cycling it. I appreciate everyone's advice. I guess I'll just let the trigger go.

You aren't answering any questions... What are you going to do with it when it gets bigger? Is your tank cycled? Cycling a tank can take a month.

If you really want an aquarium, take your time to do it right so it will be successful long-term.

I'm two weeks in to cycling the tank. I'm probably going to let him go cuz you guys say its a bad idea. Why you gotta call me a troll? What did I do to you?

I was just questioning your authenticity, we have no idea if you are really someone looking for advice or just wasting peoples time.

Back
Top Bottom