New setup cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just filled my 30 gal tank with RODI water and mixed IO salt into tank. The water is cloudy from the salt. I a running two powersweep powerheads and aquaclear hob filter. I ran that for a day. Then I added 30lbs of base rock. I rinsed the base rock in RODI water. Then I added 30 lbs of araganite sand which I rinsed with RODI water. I know there might have been more sand in the base rock and the 30lbs of sand I put in might have clouded the water. I just wanted to get an idea of how long it will take to clear up. I know it will clear up, but how long will it take. I want to add 15lbs of Tonga LR. My LFS is having a sale that ends sunday on the LR. I would like to put the LR in on sunday. Will it be ok if I add the LR before the tank is clear? I am hoping the LR will help start the cycle. TIA!
Jim

What about the LR? Will it be ok to add the LR? It is getting clearer compared to when I started this post.

Back
Top Bottom