New Sixline not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KSum89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive tried feeding pellets, frozen brine, mysis and cyclopeeze. He might have nibbled on some behind the rockwall where i cant see him, but i have seen him hunt all day and night pecking on the rocks. Im sure there are not too many pods in my rock as of right now.

Im afraid that he wil starve to death, he is real small and only been in my tank for 4 days. He looks and acts healthy, just is not wanting any "dead" foods.

Earlier i watched him watch a pellet fly by him. It Was cool that he turned around to see what it was, watched it fly away, then proceed to hunt more. I did have a large 6 line wrasse that ate everything , but rehomed him when i tried flasher wrasses.

Most likely hes getting his fill on pods. You have more than you think, but eventually as he should start accepting prepared food, just keep feeding a little at a set time everyday. Remember not much as its not getting eaten yet.

Thesixline still isnt eating anything.. At least i dont think. I tried all kinds of frozen foods. If i go out and buy some live brine, will it work?

Mine didn't eat for a few days after getting him, I didn't even see him for the first two days! They get stressed out easily when new to your tank, and take a little bit to calm down. After that he likely become your best fish

Did you drip him, and introduce him properly? Give it a few more days, not like you can just take him back anyway.

Mine now eats anything and everything. Even minced chunks of garlic :p right next to the blue tang.

Perfect reason for a qt. they like hiding, in rocks and under sand. If he died, you may never find him. You could also see how well hes eating.

Bkmrsteel said:
Mine didn't eat for a few days after getting him, I didn't even see him for the first two days! They get stressed out easily when new to your tank, and take a little bit to calm down. After that he likely become your best fish

Did you drip him, and introduce him properly? Give it a few more days, not like you can just take him back anyway.

Mine now eats anything and everything. Even minced chunks of garlic :p right next to the blue tang.

Yea i slowly dripped acclimated him. He is always out in front swimming, extremely healthy. He just doesnt eat food, he just pecks at rocks and theglass all day in search of pods. Im not afraid of him dieing, he is no where near sick. He just doesnt eat anything i feed the tank.

image-1456503643.jpg

Back
Top Bottom