New Skimmer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cowpilot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went to the LFS to order a skimmer and the owner happened to have his old Berlin skimmer for sale. Was previously on his 180 but with a new powerhead now its mine :D .

I was wondering if any of yall happened to have instructions on how to set it up or pictures of yours set up?
I also would like to know what is the best way to do a good deep clean on this, it was removed last month I believe because he started selling a new brand and said he wanted to try it out.

Thanks

I have heard good things about Berlins. I have read some folks clean with a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar. As for set up try the manufacturer's website. I don't have a skimmer, so I really can't help you there.

i have a berlin, and when i set mine up, it actually took like 2 or 3 days for it to actually start working. don't expect it to work right away, give it some time. my skimmer is actually a hang on back though, so i have a pump instead of a powerhead. once mine started working though, it was really nice, it's quiet and it does a really good job. good luck with it

I cleaned all of the used equipment for my tank in a 50/50 white vinegar-water solution as roka suggested. Let everything soak for a half hour and rinse well under warm water.

My skimmer also took a few to days to break back in.

Quality used equipment at a good price is definitely the way to go!!

Back
Top Bottom