new skimmer dont know how to tune it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmelton327

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok just got a odessey ps 75.....ik there cheap however somthing to get me started..... wondering how in the world do i tune this thing i went on youtube looked at a few videos since im a visual learner....and ive seen a few diff things so if you have this system or if you have any exp dealing with the system plzzzzz help me out pictures would be much appreciated

Ive had one before. I think they only ways to adjust it it by turn that knob on the outtake pipe or changing the height of the water level that it sits at.

ik i will have to give it a few weeks for it to break in however just wanted to know if anything i should adjust or just run it wide open till it breaks in?

Hey, I have an HOB skimmer for 75 too, but by eshopps. It's been running 3 months and after about 2 cups of normal dark skimmate it's not filling anymore. Ill follow this thread

i just got this sucker today and i want antoher one already..... its just been a pain! but hopefully it will break in here soon

Yea it didnt take me long to ditch the ps75 for a better skimmer. TBH, the knob did little for me, it was the height and water level placement that was key. I would run it wide open with the bubble level lower on the neck right now just in case it might surge and overflow. When skimmate builds up, it'll make its way up the cone neck. Are you running it in a sump or HOB on the DT. If its HOB, you cant really adjust the water level aside from the knob.

its hob right now i woke up this morning to some foam in the cone however just white foam nothing speacil ill have to wait for it to get broke in before i can really get the good stuff i guess

Hey, I have an HOB skimmer for 75 too, but by eshopps. It's been running 3 months and after about 2 cups of normal dark skimmate it's not filling anymore. Ill follow this thread

Ack did a 10 gallon water change and woke up to about 20 gallons on my floor! Hob overflowed

Idk if it matters on Wat size tank ur using it on mine is a 26 g and had no issues, I have cut it off and on several times to do aqua scaping drained all the water and added back also done water changes and no issues the first three days I had a bunch of micro bubbles but now even after it being off for two days and turning it back on there's no micro bubbles still had to tune just alittle to me this is my first scimmer and its been fairly easy to tune if there are any questions plz ask I will make a video of everything I did to get it set just right

Back
Top Bottom