Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

So i am saving up for a new salt water tank, i have a lot of experience with my fish but need to take to the next level. I am thinking of someone simple and VERY cheap an tank and product wise , long - lasting, so i am thinking of getting a 30-40L but theyre very expensive! upstairs i got a 15 L rectangle and can be cold or tropical water tank. And just keeping it simple with maybe one or two starfish or a pair of common clownfish, and live rock or possibly live coral? do i need a lot of costy things? will this be easy? and starfish like maybe the little red ones but what are the cheapest and easy ones,

Many Thanks
Sam.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi unfortunately I make that about 6 gallons which is way too small for one clown let alone two. You would need at the very least a 20 gallon for a pair of clowns also the coral and starfish will not like fluctuations in parameters salinity etc which a small tank will suffer more from than a big tank. If you wanted a 6 gallon it would be a lot of work and all I would consider is inverts but that would take a lot of work to keep parameters under control

Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

thank you! people say that an 8 gallon is fine for them clowns
Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Not sure who says 8g is fine for clowns, lemme guess the fish store? lol

That is NOT big enough at all, I wouldnt go less than 20g for a pair of clowns.

I have an 8g evolve tank now and have a tailspot blenny in there and its not big enough really, I will be moving him in the next few days to a bigger tank. And that blenny just perches, clowns actually swim around.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Not sure who says 8g is fine for clowns, lemme guess the fish store? lol

That is NOT big enough at all, I wouldnt go less than 20g for a pair of clowns.

I have an 8g evolve tank now and have a tailspot blenny in there and its not big enough really, I will be moving him in the next few days to a bigger tank. And that blenny just perches, clowns actually swim around.
Lol, im thinking 75L or 16.5 gallons think it is, also what tank do you recommend and products? for a breeding pair of clowns

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com