New Small Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skmackley

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i am saving up for a new salt water tank, i have a lot of experience with my fish but need to take to the next level. I am thinking of someone simple and VERY cheap an tank and product wise , long - lasting, so i am thinking of getting a 30-40L but theyre very expensive! upstairs i got a 15 L rectangle and can be cold or tropical water tank. And just keeping it simple with maybe one or two starfish or a pair of common clownfish, and live rock or possibly live coral? do i need a lot of costy things? will this be easy? and starfish like maybe the little red ones but what are the cheapest and easy ones,

Many Thanks
Sam.

Hi unfortunately I make that about 6 gallons which is way too small for one clown let alone two. You would need at the very least a 20 gallon for a pair of clowns also the coral and starfish will not like fluctuations in parameters salinity etc which a small tank will suffer more from than a big tank. If you wanted a 6 gallon it would be a lot of work and all I would consider is inverts but that would take a lot of work to keep parameters under control

thank you! people say that an 8 gallon is fine for them clowns

Not sure who says 8g is fine for clowns, lemme guess the fish store? lol

That is NOT big enough at all, I wouldnt go less than 20g for a pair of clowns.

I have an 8g evolve tank now and have a tailspot blenny in there and its not big enough really, I will be moving him in the next few days to a bigger tank. And that blenny just perches, clowns actually swim around.

Not sure who says 8g is fine for clowns, lemme guess the fish store? lol

That is NOT big enough at all, I wouldnt go less than 20g for a pair of clowns.

I have an 8g evolve tank now and have a tailspot blenny in there and its not big enough really, I will be moving him in the next few days to a bigger tank. And that blenny just perches, clowns actually swim around.

Lol, im thinking 75L or 16.5 gallons think it is, also what tank do you recommend and products? for a breeding pair of clowns

Back
Top Bottom