New SW tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think if you're doing a reef a long is better than high. Also high I would think it's harder to clean. Also you want to make sure your lights reach the bottom for corals

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think if you're doing a reef a long is better than high. Also high I would think it's harder to clean. Also you want to make sure your lights reach the bottom for corals

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trying to decide if I want a 50g or if I want to get rid of my 30g which is fully stocked and start a 110 now... Decisions decisions

So I've decided to do a 75g fish only setup with a sump. I will be running a wet dry system.

If you follow the 1 lbs per gallon rule, the wet dry won't be doing anything productive. You can use that same space for something that will be more beneficial like a skimmer, an algae turf scrubber, or whatever.

If you follow the 1 lbs per gallon rule, the wet dry won't be doing anything productive. You can use that same space for something that will be more beneficial like a skimmer, an algae turf scrubber, or whatever.

I'll have to look into that. Why wouldn't the wet dry be effective?

Wet/dry does the exact same thing that happens inside the porous live rock when the tank is cycled. It is a place for bacteria to live to support the nitrate cycle.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if not cleaned weekly, they become a nitrate trap.

Wet/dry does the exact same thing that happens inside the porous live rock when the tank is cycled. It is a place for bacteria to live to support the nitrate cycle.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if not cleaned weekly, they become a nitrate trap.

What about a good size sump for a 75g. I read that it should be at least 25% of the display tank. Is that a good number to base it off of?

Back
Top Bottom