New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got clowns, firefish, wrasse, and tangs; although the tangs will eventually outgrow the 55g. I'm considering a goby or blenny and a cleaner shrimp too.

Ya...I have a blue and yellow tang right now. I know eventually I will need a larger tank, but they're fine right now - they are pretty small.

i suggest the same as the others, blennies, gobies, clowns, maybe a wrasse...are you going to have corals?

And yes, almost every tang requires a 6 foot tank. There are a few others that dont like kole tangs and tomini's they can do well in a 75g or bigger though

My stocking list that I currenlty have and / or getting / and or had is:

Flame Angel
(2) B/W clowns
Sixline wrasse
(3) green Chromis
Diamond Goby
Skunk Cleaner shrimp
Royal Gramma

Choose one fish and build your stock list around it.

I have a 55 and I have a lawn mower blenny, a clown, flasher wrasse and a royal gamma I also consider it completely stocked. I wanted a royal gamma and I built my stock list from that.

If you plan on a reef tank don't get an angel fish they aren't worth the risk. Don't get a fish thinking you will upgrade someday and you will have time to do it some fish need the zoom room from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom