New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I got the live rock for my nano tank today and I was just wondering when I need to do a water change. Do I née to wait to the tank has fully cycled.

Hi I have put my live rock in my tank is there 100% chance that it will import micro organisms into my tank.

Attachments

• image-3296265386.jpg
    image-3296265386.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image-189476552.jpg
    image-189476552.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 74
your questions have been answered 1000's of times in 1000's of threads on this site. The search feature is very helpful. Assuming that you have started your cycle correctly you dont need to do a water change until you have nothing but nitrate readings. yes, thats why its called live rock

But I haven't seen any microorganisms how am I ment to know if they are there.

Do you know what "micro" means...? Unless you have microscopes for eyes you probably wont see them...

But I thought they could come with shrimp and other crustations. Also my live rock has some sort of like hard bristly things on it do you know what they could be.

Get a test kit. After a week you will see your ammonia spike, followed by your nitrites, and finally your nitrates. If its LR, it'll start the cycle. Be patient.

Are you messing with us or what man... microorganisms are on just about every surface in this world. If you have live rock it is covered with the bacteria that cycles the tank. If you cant understand that rock from the ocean has life on it that you cant see then keeping a saltwater tank is going to be way to complicated for you. yes, most of the time live rock will have bristle worms, feather dusters, pods, etc... but that is not a guarantee. Hope you’ve got it cause I can take the pain of answering no more.

Are you messing with us or what man... microorganisms are on just about every surface in this world. If you have live rock it is covered with the bacteria that cycles the tank. If you cant understand that rock from the ocean has life on it that you cant see then keeping a saltwater tank is going to be way to complicated for you. yes, most of the time live rock will have bristle worms, feather dusters, pods, etc... but that is not a guarantee. Hope you’ve got it cause I can take the pain of answering no more.

You are extremely rude...stop insulting him its completely pointless, This is called AQUARIUMADVICE.COM its were you go to ask questions. you have no business being on this site if you answer every question like the person is stupid because they are not stupid they just haven't learned what you have learned already because guess what...it wasn't like you were born knowing what a microorganism is so you had to learn it just like hes learning what it is now. Stop being rude or stop posting on this site because this is not what the site is about, this site is for beginner and experienced aquariumist to come ask questions and good constructive responses. This site would be pointless if everyone knew everything and didn't need any advice...

I am sorry I was rude... If you would like to more fully understand microorganisms, and how to know visible algae (for example) contains living organisms, I suggest using google to get a proper textbook response.

Back
Top Bottom